New Film Scanners

I don't have any film scanner and I also haven't brought any yet. What I am going to say is there are 3 new professional film scanners, Epson V700 added at the Mac suite at my university. I was so happy to see them there because I had mentioned here that I was struggling to use the old Nikon film scanner at the Mac suite.

I had a roll of B&W film and a roll of colour film needed to be scanned today. It sounded great to use a professional scanner but I didn't really know how to use it. I thought the software for this scanner would be the same as the Epson v300, but I couldn't use the same software for the Epson V700. Finally, I used the scanning software on the iMac to scan my B&W negative.

I was quite disappointed because that software really sucked. There were no setting for me to change to scan my negative. Those images were totally under exposure so I had to edit them on Photoshop.

When I tried to scan the colour negative, the colour of the images were even awful. Otherwise, I couldn't change ant setting. I didn't know what is wrong with it. And eventually, I gave up to use those new professional scanners. Eventually, I used Epson V300 to scan my colour negative, much easier.


This series of photographs is mainly of the place where I live taken on Canon A-1 film camera with a roll of Kodak T-max 400.

I live in Bolton for almost 5 years but I still don't know that much about this place. Therefore, I started to take pictures of this place. In my photography, I like to capture something that exists with us but is easy to be ignored by us. That thing could be a box, a building, a figure, a empty can, a person...could be anything. This kind of things could be quite sentimental when they disappears and the day you feel lost something. I don't have any close friends in Bolton. All of my good friends in England are living in Manchester. When I need to spend my time, I prefer to go to Manchester. That is why I don't know much about Bolton. However, from now, I started to know this place with my cameras.







Unfortunately, I am not happy with the result of the images quality. I think the negative is all right. The problem is on the procedure of scanning. So many details are lost in the image, especially in the dark area. I really have to spend some time to learn how use the Epson V700, because this is a very good scanner, I don't wanna give up to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment