Canon FD lenses on Sony Nex 5

I have just received my FD lenses to E mount adapter. That means I can now use my FD lenses on my little EVIL(Electrical Viewfinder Interchangeable Lens) camera, Sony Nex 5.

Putting this Canon 70-210mm F4 tele-zoom lens on the Nex 5 looks really ridiculous.

I have got several Canon FD lenses but I mainly use only two prime lenses 50mm 1.8 and 28mm 2.8. I like to use prime lenses more than zoom lenses because prime lenses produce better image quality than zoom lenses. Moreover, prime lenses have larger aperture which can give me shallower depth of views.

In fact, I use the 28mm lens the most although its maximum aperture is only 2.8. However, the crop factor of Snoy Nex system is 1.5x. When using a 28mm lens on my Nex 5, the field-of-view is equivalent 42mm lens that is more like a standard lens than 50mm lens using on Nex 5. A standard 50mm lens would become 75mm, it is more like a portrait lens.

In these three images, you can see the bokeh of the FD 28mm f2.8 lens at aperture f2.8.

FD 70-210 F4
I won't use this massive lens on the Nex 5 a lot although I took a picture of that.



As I also have a Nikon lens to FD mount adapter, I borrowed a Nikon Ai-s 55mm f2.8 Marco lens from AV store. I used the lens to take a few close up images of my stuff.

The Nikon Ai-s 55mm f2.8 lens is not a extreme close up lens, but it is able to produce a very sharp image of my little models. That means it will be good to use it to take pictures of flowers in the summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment