Sessions Failed!

Today, we started the pin hole camera session at Hulme Adventure Playground. Oh! Finally! Additionally, we also did some light painting which was Kate's idea in a week ago. We were all looking forward to doing this session because it was going to be fun.

First, we used many black film canister to make pin whole cameras. Kate brought a lot of equipments to do this part. We had got a film changing bag so we could put photographic papers in to the pin whole cameras. We set up a developing area in the storage room so we could see the images on the day. Everything were prepared so well, but we couldn't control the kids.

Before letting the kids take pictures, I had to introduce how to use the cameras to them. After the introduction, I also asked them to repeat what I said before giving them the cameras. However, noun of images were captured on the pin whole cameras. As we developed the images immediately, we saw some images were completely black that means over exposure. I was sure that the reason was they opened the canister although I emphasized already. Some images were just while, lack of exposure. When we found out the reasons, it was being dark and those kids were just not patient to listen to me. They didn't have patient to wait for even 2 minutes. Therefore, this session was completely failed.

Another sessions was the light painting one. I prepared a lot of LED lights for them which I used for my breakdance with light paiting project. They had fun with them but again, the didn't listen to you. I was thinking it was hard to have my lights back, so I decided to give those lights to them...


No comments:

Post a Comment