Canon EOS 1000fn with Kodak UltraMax 200

I scanned these 2 roll of films on the same day when I scanned the Kodak T-Max 400, but I used the Epson V300 instead of the professional V700. I have mentioned the reason on the previous blog already, so I am not going to repeat that here.


The Kodak UltraMax 200 was taken on the Canon EOS 1000fn Auto film camera which is the first film camera I brought. The camera was produced in 1990. It is entry level SLR with a plastic body but looks like a toy but it is definitely more than enough for photographing.

I brought this camera for £14 on ebay including the delivery fee. As this is a Canon EOS camera, I can use my Canon EF lenses on it. I loaded the film on the camera when I have got it but I just finished the film this month. This roll of film was my first roll and gonna be my last roll used on this camera. That doesn't mean the camera is not usable. The reason is just I have too many cameras, especially I just brought another Canon EOS auto film camera, Canon EOS 30V. However, I won't waste it so I would sell it or give it to someone who want to try film photography.

In film photography, a lens is the most important part that affects the images quality. So a camera does not really matter as long as it works well. You might ask why I brought so many cameras then? Oh! It just because I love to collect them.

I used my Canon 17-40mm F/4L lens on the EOS 1000fn with a Hoya CPL filter. I have not used that filter on my digital SLR camera properly because the result is not so good. That filter makes images losing details. I know why. It is because of the filter is cheap. It cannot produce the quality as high as the resolution of my digital cameras. However, when I used it on film. Those images look amazing. The resolution on 35mm film is lower than the filter produces, so it is all right. The colour of images is more contrastive. It is better to use to take picture of landscape.

I went to the country park near my house to take pictures. I like that place. It is small but there are a lot of interesting things

If without the CPL filter, you don't see the gradation of the cloud in the images.


This is a long exposure experiment I learnt from Wu Chi-Tsung. I mounted the 1000fn on the tripod and took a 15sec shot. During the exposure, I used a torch to shine on the thing I want it to be captured in the image. I tried a few more in digital on the same day as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment