Summer Project

My wearable gallery is a belt of …what you see in the picture but I would call them Hong Kong people.


In fact, it is so normal when so many people are getting on an escalator at the same time. It supposes to be very crowded and disarray until I saw those people in the capital of Tai Wan, Taipei.


I was shocked when the first time I saw the Taipei people who were getting on the escalator in a queue very tidily. I went to Taipei for a five days trip with my friends. We arrived at Taipei airport at 3 o’clock morning so we had to stay there till 6 o’clock to get the first coach to get to the town. The first subway train we got on was about 7:30am. It was the peak time for the subway. So many people were getting trains to go to school or go to work but they were so disciplinal to get on the escalator. The left side of the escalator was for the people in hurries and the right side of the escalator is for the people not in hurries. The queue can be a straight line over 30 meters long at the right side even there were no one on the left side of the escalator. That was just so amazing.


My wearable gallery is to represent Hong Kong people’s behaviour or people’s behaviour in anywhere except the disciplinal Taipei people. We had born from sperms and we born to be sperms. That probably is very natural and right. But remember, we can change.


Specially thanks Sam to wear the belt.

No comments:

Post a Comment