Shelter Project Review

For the Shelter project review, I displayed my little sculpture of coffin made of cards and a noun finished illustration of a girl and a coffin.

I love to make my work very detailed so I quite enjoyed drawing the outline of the coffin, making a prefect trapezium and building up the form of the coffin, etc. I was extremely concentrated to make the coffin and worked on it without taking any breaks for 8 hours. I really like the outcome after I finished it. Finally, I used tissues and a few pieces of soft PVC to set up the coffin inside nicely and the sculpture completed with my little figure lying there.


I named the title of the sculpture, ‘R.I.P’. because everyone realised that is belong to the shelter project, they could easily understand the connotation of the coffin. However, if the coffin is shown to the other people, I have no idea of what the title should be. So there is a problem confusing me. If people have the concept of shelter in mind to look at the sculpture, the sculpture works. But if they don’t, it doesn’t work.



Therefore, I tried to draw an illustration to express my concept. I supposed to finish it with a background of a destroyed city but I found difficult to draw that. It takes a long time and is impossible to be finished by the review.






No comments:

Post a Comment