Film Photography

This summer, I was so excited to receive the vintage camera, Nikon FE form my dad who brought it in a street where were so many camera stuff for sell in Hong Kong. I finished my first colour film in 10 years, developed and printed the photo at a photo shop in Hong Kong. However, the photos were so gray and lack of contrast. I was disappointed because of the result. And finally, the shutter of camera have even stopped when I tested the camera and tried to find out what was wrong with it at my England home.

I extremely wanted to use film camera to take pictures because I found bored to use digital cameras. It is so easy and convenient to use a digital camera. People can take as many photos as they want if they have large capacity memory cards. Even though the memory card is full, deleting unwanted images is easy. That makes people taking pictures without considering the situation, lighting and composition.


I really like the kind of photos photographers capture them after careful observing. I hope to improve my photographic through using film camera. I hope to be more sensitive to feel the little interesting things in my life and capture them with cameras. My aim is eventually I will use cameras in a same way, no matter film or digital.


I have won two cameras from ebay auctions. They are Canon T60 and Canon AE-1 Program.


The first roll of film was taken by Canon T60 with Kodak UltraMax 200. I heard from my dad people like to use Kodak films for Portraits because the tone of them is warn and it is pretty good to display human skins.



The second roll of film was Fuji Superia 200 taken by Canon AE-1 Program. The tone of Fuji film is colder than Kodak. Same as my dad, I love the colour of Fuji film more.




Both of the roll of film were developed and printed from Jessops. In film photography, the most important things those effect the finally result of images are films and lenses. Cameras are just like exposure boxes, most film cameras are so similar as long as they are with accurate light meters.





No comments:

Post a Comment