Coffins

“Coffins” is the new concept for the shelter project. At the first time when I received the project, my mind was full of zombies so I was thinking something about a shelter from zombies. And then I thought of death. Finally, the idea of coffins came to my mind.

Why do people need a shelter? Because they live with pain and misery and they need a shelter to escape from the world they are living in. At anytime and anywhere, so many people suicide to escape the reality, some people suffer miserable diseases and gifts from the god of death might be the best things for them.

A coffin is a very symbolic icon of death. It is sentimental to most of the people in the world. Different people from different places have different feeling of a coffin. When we think more, it is very philosophical.




So I am going to make a sculpture of a coffin. I tried and tested making coffins with papers. Not bad, I can make them with paper, I thought I couldn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment