Trying the Breakdance and Light Painting at Zion Centre

Zion Centre is a common place for Manchester Bboys to practice and I usually do my training there as well.


Today, I brought my lighting stuff, camera and tripod to there and took a few shot of my friends to dance with light. Unfortunately, we could only use the café space to dance because every room had been fully booked.



As you see, my glow sticks are not bright enough to against the other lights. Before to take the photos, I already turned off the lights which I could turn off but the café space is a quite open area and it is near to the entrance and the reception. The space were still be shined by many light. I realised the result was not going to be good and I still tried to do it because I thought the space was quite dark. I thought it might be work to capture the moving lights with a clear background. Just as expected, moving lights and background both could be captured but not looking good. In my opinion, the problem is those glow sticks were not bright enough. If I took those photo was in a full dark area, I could capture the lights with higher ISO to solve the problem of not so bright. However, the café space was so many different lights on. Those lights would get brighter in the photo followed by higher ISO.


I think it would work if I had some brighter lights rather than the glow sticks because I could capture the image with a lower ISO. The background would be darker and the moving lights would be still bright and obvious in the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment