Free for Art Festival 2010

I am so glad that I am still able to join the Free for Arts Festival 2010 because when I have seen the email was one month after I received it. At the moment, I was still in Hong Kong and had no chance to meet those people who are involved with this festival. I am not sure what will be going on but I plan what I am going to display for the exhibition.

For the festival, I intend to exhibit a series of photos of Bboys(male breakdancers). I will use the method of “light painting” to take those shots. Lighting stuff will be put on the bboys’ bodies, arms and legs to make them obvious in the dark. I will take some shots when they are dancing in a dark environment with a long exposure to capture their significant breakdancing movement in photos.

I have had this idea for 2 years already but I have not had any chance to experiment it. The Free for Art Festival is the right thing at the right time.



Moreover, I found some good stuff in Hong Kong really cheap but good for my breakdancing project. Which are those glow sticks in the above picture. It cost only about £1 for 50 glow sticks and I brought a hundred of them. Now, what I need to do is to find a place where is dark and suitable for breakdancing and then I can start to do this. I hope it will work.

No comments:

Post a Comment