Break-Light Shoot Out

Today was my project Break-Light photo shooting day. Break-Light is from the B-boys or B-girls which mean break the beat with dancing steps and moves. I took the photos at my friends flat with him and another bboy friend. My friend usually does some training at the sitting room so there was enough space for us. Those images at below are some of the photos I took today.

These photos were taken in RAW files so their colours, tones and contrast are already manipulated for a little before upload to here.


I tried different moves of breakdance to see what kind of moves could produce the best result.


First try was top-rock which is a kind of standing dancing steps. In breakdance, top-rock is like a dancing of freestyle although there are some formal steps of top-rock. People can add any moves to their top-rock to create their own style. And we tried some formal steps.




Then we tried foot-work. Bboys need to touch the floor with hands and foots to do the steps. Same again, people can do whatever steps they want as long as they are moving on beats.


The last one was power-moves. This kind of moves is based on spinning. The well known moves are such as wind-mill, back-spin, head-spin and flare. My friends were too tall to do the moves in the flats so I did the moves and they pressed the shutter. I can do wind-mill and flare but I was too tired to do flare after training.

From these images, my wind-mill looks pretty good but the foot-work and top-rock look so messy.


I like these three images the most because they have the lighting line at the right middle of the pictures. Additionally, the movement of the light are so beautiful even without a proper Photoshop manipulation. They will be so much better after I edit them.




No comments:

Post a Comment