Wireless Flashing Experiment

I have got a new wireless flash device in this summer, which is Phottix Strato II. I love some product photograph with a pure white background, so I tried to take some pictures like that with my little gundam model using my flash device.

I have already had a very cheap wireless trigger made by Yongnuo, which is super unstable, It sometime works, sometime does not, so annoying. Choosing Phottix Strato II was because it work is fine and is much cheaper than the wireless trigger made by Canon. Although I have not had another receiver to play the multiple group flash, after I used for a night, I think it is so much batter than the cheap Yongnuo device.

I do not have a big white fabric, so I use my circle reflector as the background and my gundam models were put on it. A flashgun was put under the reflector. I was also holding another little flashgun which can be triggered by other flash to light the models' front.


After taking a lot of pictures, I finally got one that I am happy with. Most of the fails were over exposure or the background not white enough. The one at below is just right. The background is what I wanted. The shadow of the model highlights the shape of the structure. And the reflection from the eye brings the spirit to the gundam model.



No comments:

Post a Comment